European Values Think-Tank
Compared to most of the security institutions in Central Europe, the Czech Security Information Service (BIS) managed to describe Russian and Chinese intelligence activities in the Czech Republic in a remarkable detail. There are several points in the latest Annual Report we would like to highlight:
- Russian and Chinese activities threatening the Czech security and other interests are a continuous priority for the BIS. While Russian activities “continuously focused primarily on influence operations and exploitation of Czech sources”, the Chinese changed up their tactics and focused more on intelligence infiltration instead of influence.
- The size of the Russian diplomatic mission which includes a high number of individuals with affiliation to the Russian intelligence services represents several risks, especially because of the reckless attitude of Czech politicians and civil servants towards unclassified but non-public information.
The Most Popular Articles
- Andrei Plesu World Politics
- Jacques Rupnik Czech Politics
- Martin Jan Stránský Science
- Igor Lukeš World Politics
- John Lloyd, red. Přítomnosti Society
- Samuel Abrahám World Politics