Vila Jitřenka

This villa by the banks of the Botič – currently home to the Prague Gentlemen’s Fly Fishing Club – dates …

St Lawrence (Svatý Vavřinec)

Between the left bank of the river Vltava and Petřín Hill stand two churches dedicated to St Lawrence (Svatý Vavřinec). …

Vinohradská tržnice

The distinctive russet-coloured Vinohradská tržnice (Vinohrady market hall) was constructed on the site of a former machine factory in 1902, …

Bank of the Legions

The Bank of the Legions (Legionářská banka, or Legiobanka) was founded in 1919 in the Siberian city of Irkutsk as …

Clam-Gallas Palace

Descended from a distinguished Austrian family, Count Johann Wenzel (Jan Václav) von Gallas managed an extensive diplomatic portfolio. As well …

State Opera

In the early nineteenth century Prague was home to a substantial number of German speakers, especially among the nobility and …

Statue of Nicholas Winton

Nicholas Winton’s humanitarian work in saving hundreds of Jewish children from the grim certainty of the Holocaust came to light …